Parkside Christian Church was originally called the Mt. Washington Church of Christ. It grew out of a tent meeting held in Mt. Washington in the 1920s. The congregation moved from rented location to rented location in the early years. In 1929, the church reorganized itself and became a much stronger body of believers, but was still located in Mt. Washington.
In the 1960s the Mt. Washington Church of Christ purchased property on Salem Rd. in Anderson Township and built a new facility, large enough to care for the needs of a growing congregation. Over the years as growth continued, the size of the facility has been enlarged during several construction projects. More recently, the name of the church was changed to Parkside Christian Church recognizing our location in Anderson Township and our close proxity to Beech Acres Park.
Parkside is a nondenominational church committed to the simple teachings and practices of the New Testament. Our approach to ministry keeps changing in order to remain relevant to our culture, but our foundation will always be in God’s Word.